Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glacier

I heard that gmod has no vac. Is this true?

Question

13 answers to this question

VAC was implemented shortly after release and as far as I know the only thing it detects is baconbot and possibly cheat engine. Any new cheats made from 2015 up will 100% not be broken, Especially citizen, i have a lot of respect for this hack as it found a lua bypass and no spread on cac servers and ive never recieved a ban exept for bhop scripting.

13 minutes ago, Glacier said:

No i mean is vac disabled on gmod?

Vac is enabled in Garry's mod but was only used to detect 2 extremely outdated cheats.

2 hours ago, Heist said:

VAC was implemented shortly after release and as far as I know the only thing it detects is baconbot and possibly cheat engine. Any new cheats made from 2015 up will 100% not be broken, Especially citizen, i have a lot of respect for this hack as it found a lua bypass and no spread on cac servers and ive never recieved a ban exept for bhop scripting.

Already tried to get vac banned with cheat engine.Its possible if you use it just for the injection process but other setting (with my experience) does not work.

59 minutes ago, Glacier said:

so theres a risk of me getting vac'd since vac is enabled?

Any VAC enabled game always has a risk, but it is extremely unlikely that face punch will update their current system. It has been more than 4 years since facepunch has even updated vac for garry's mod. And not to mention VAC was only introduced into Garry's Mod to scan 2-3 cheats. In the event that facepunch would ever update VAC, we would be prepared.

I've used cheat engine to change the value of sv_allowcslua when I was a noob, never got vac'd so its fine. Also used it for speed hacking too lol.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:03 AM, Petersaurus said:

I've used cheat engine to change the value of sv_allowcslua when I was a noob, never got vac'd so its fine. Also used it for speed hacking too lol.

Speed hack on cheat engine no longer works, well for me it does not :\